Friday, December 4, 2009

How to Get a Marriage License

You go to receive your marriage license at the county clerk's office. The marriage license is only valid for 30 days, so make sure that you don’t go more than a month before your wedding date.
You do not have to be a resident of Utah to get a marriage license in Utah. Most counties in Utah, however, will require that both of you be present to get the license. When you get there, you will be asked to present a form of I.D. This could be a driver’s license, a passport, or a birth certificate. You will also be asked your social security number, your parents’ names (including your mother’s maiden name), parents’ birthplaces, and your permanent addresses.
You can expect the cost to be between $45-50. Generally, in Utah, you do not need to expect a waiting period, but we recommend going about a month before in case any complications do present themselves, and so you can get it done and have one less thing to worry about in the weeks leading up to your wedding!
For information on marriages with special circumstances in Davis County (i.e. second marriages, same sex marriages, under 18 marriages), you can visit this website.
Post by Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment