Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Megan and Brad's Wedding

Megan and Brad were married at The Canterbury Place recently! They had a beautiful wedding and a darling story that we would like to share with you!

Megan and Brad met when she was 14 and he was 15 at a school stomp. When she saw Brad she thought he was “really cute but out of [her] league,” so she actually ended up dating his best friend! Later on, when he came home from school at Utah state, they rekindled their friendship and ended up dating.

Megan said poor Brad tried to propose several times! But “he ended up doing it on the 24th of July while [they] were watching all of Salt Lake’s fireworks from above. [They] had hiked up a trail to the top of the mountain and could see the whole valley.”

Here are a few details from their fabulous wedding:

Wedding Date: October 8, 2009. The leaves outside were a perfect red, which made for amazing pictures!

Wedding Song: They started off with a slow song, but it went into the song “Shake It” by Metro Station, which was their actual song.


Wedding Colors: Megan and Brad chose black and gold for their colors, which was an absolutely stunning palette!


Theme: They wanted everything to be very classy and elegant.

Special Touches/ Décor Elements: Megan and Brad had beautiful gold organza chair sashes tied in a bow on every chair. It was a perfect way to incorporate the gold!
For the ceremony, they also tied a single red rose with black ribbon at the end of each chair, which made for a very romantic look.

Most memorable moment for the Bride: “Standing at the bottom of the stairs of the brides room waiting for my dad to come get me. I was so excited! And before that, all my bridesmaids and I were standing at the bottom and I heard Brad and his grooms come up the stairs. He heard me and said "Hi babe, I love you!" so I said “Hi” back and told him I loved him too. It was so calming to know he was ready.”

Most memorable moment for the Groom: “He says it was ‘seeing my beautiful bride walk down the isle towards me, because I was really, really nervous!’ Then, after the wedding we went to Wendy’s in my tux and her dress, because that’s what the wife wanted.”

Invitations: Costco

Catering: The Canterbury Place

Flowers: Stacie of La Belle Fleur

Cake: Julie of Layers

Rings: Shane Co.


Photography: Ryan Thompson (All photos in the Blog were done by Ryan Thompson Photography)


Bridal Gown: Mary's Bridal


Bridesmaid’s Dresses: The bride had each girl pick out a black dress.

Tuxedo Rental: Tip Top Tux

Hair and Makeup: Friends

Thank you, Megan and Brad, for sharing your special day with us!

Post by: Madison

1 comment: